Curried Lamb and Vegetable Chow Mein
(photo flickr user mswine)
As requested by @savorthethyme here is my Recipe for Curried Lamb and Vegetable Chow Mein. It's what's for dinner tonight!
1 lb Lamb Stew Meat
3/4 cup Leeks sliced
3 tbps Bajan Seasoning
3 tbsp Curry Powder
3 tbsp Red wine
1/2 Maggi cube
200 g or half pack of Chow mein noodles
2 cups Broccoli
2 medium potatoes cubed
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Ketchup
Black Pepper to taste
1/2 tsp Clove
Water for cooking
1. Marinate Lamb with leeks, seasoning, soy sauce, red wine, curry powder, black pepper and clove.
2. Brown meat on stove approx 5 mins on medium-high heat
3. Add water and let simmer on low heat. Keep adding water as it drys out and continue to simmer.
4. When meat is almost tender add potatoes and more water. Wait 5 minutes.
5. Add broccoli and then chow mein noodles. Add maggi cube. Stir.
6. Let cook on medium heat, stirring often until noodles are done.
Serve hot | Serves 3 - 4
NB. Measurements are approximate. I rarely measure when I'm cooking from my head. Feel free to experiment - add more or less according to your tastes